07 Feb Ask your agent
It’s fair to say we’ve been asked many questions over our combined 36 years in Real Estate. Here are some common ones…
What happens if my property doesn’t sell at Auction?
In this current market we are seeing a lot more property’s sell post Auction. This does not mean the process failed. Often it still means you’ve sold you property unconditionally and within a short period. That’s an awesome result compared to what others go through around the country. The Auction process is designed to highlight your property to multiple buyers and brings a finite date to the marketing creating a sense of loss which is why people often bid more than they planned too. If it doesn’t happen to sell on or immediately after the Auction date your options are:
• Price the property and boost the marketing to refresh it. Most common method we’re seeing right now. Offers buyers a chance to put in conditional offers.
• List by Negotiation.(Not the best option but can buy you some time whilst you reflect on the market conditions)
• Re-Auction with new marketing campaign. Can be very successful and a good way to keep price out of your marketing allowing for the potential over reserve bid. (Yes we have run back-to-back Auctions with great success)
Who pays the marketing?
The marketing of your home is your cost. The agency passes on their reduced negotiated fees to you for the various mediums available. Effective Marketing is key in selling your home. Communicating a strong message over multiple mediums and cutting through so that your property features front of mind for buyers is what its all about. To do this you need agents that are skilled in integrated marketing communications.
How do you work with other agents in the area?
This is important and certainly one of the most common questions. Often vendors believe the Local agent attracts the buyer.
It is indeed good marketing that attracts the buyer to your home. Gone are the days when an agent will spend all day showing buyers through multiple homes. The buyer will contact the listing agent and /or view the home through an Open Home.
• We at Harcourts have an added advantage of a system called Harcourts One. This system allows any Harcourts agent in the country to present their buyer with a personalised flyer of your property, book viewings, log comments and write up offers, and allows for strong team ethic throughout our organisation. (Not all agencies work this way so be sure to ask.)
• We also work with any local agent from a different agency provided they follow our rules and Harcourt’s systems which protect our vendor. This means for example every viewing that takes place in your home is accompanied by one of us. We do not allow other agents through your home alone.
One of the main reasons we sell homes, apartments and commercial property all over Auckland is because we don’t claim any one area. We work with like minded people who may want to buy an investment in one place then 6 months later sell their family home in another, regardless our well oiled system perfected over time allows for the best marketing, highest exposure and the most professional sales service our clients could possibly get no matter where it’s located or what type of property it is.
Jacqui & Jay